Sunday, November 15, 2009

Pear "Crisp"


I had pears about to go bad, so I quickly grabbed this recipe from Allrecipes to bake them up. I'm having a hard time not eating the entire thing Right. Now.

Ingredients

  • 1 cup rolled oats: I used old fashioned (not quick cook)
  • 1/3 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon finely chopped crystallized ginger: I used 1TB
  • 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon: I used slightly less
  • 1/4 cup butter: I melted mine entirely
  • 2 tablespoons white sugar
  • 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
  • 2 teaspoons finely chopped crystallized ginger: I used 2TB
  • 8 cups peeled and sliced pears: I chopped what I had, and added an apple that needed baking, and didn't sweat the small stuff of figuring out if it was 8c exactly.
  • 1 pint vanilla ice cream: I skipped this for calories (and I didn't want to go get ice cream; I know, shocking ;-)

Directions

  1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease a 2 quart casserole dish or 9 inch square baking dish
  2. In a medium bowl, stir together the oats, brown sugar, 1/2 cup flour, 1 Tablespoon crystallized ginger, and cinnamon. Stir in the (melted) butter until the mixture is crumbly with pea sized lumps. Set aside.
  3. In a separate bowl, stir together the white sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and 2 Tablespoons of crystallized ginger. Add the sliced pears/apple, and toss to blend. Transfer to the prepared baking dish. Spread with the oat topping.
  4. Bake for 30 minutes in the preheated oven, then switch that to broil/high for 3 minutes, until pears are soft and topping is golden brown. Serve, lick bowl clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment