Sunday, November 22, 2009

Shepherd's Pie





I just made the Simply Recipes version of Shepherd's Pie and it's blowing both of us out of the water. WOW. This is going into regular rotation for its ease of preparation and absolute deliciousness.

I  modified by making it with those Morningstar Crumbles instead of meat. The veggies I added to the mix of meat and onions were chopped carrots, corn, and Le Sueur Early Peas (straight from the can, rinsed, to keep things easy). I also added just a tiny bit of garlic powder to the browning meat, and used kosher salt for my salt.

I put J on mashed potato duty. To make the mashed potatoes, he used the recommended amount of butter, a tiny dash of powdered onion, a tiny dash of garlic powder, and a tiny dash of milk.

Don't skimp on the butter, this stuff is amazing. I always love her recipes anyway, but WOW. Easy, and mind-blowingly delicious. And totally vegetarian if you want it to be. Bookmark her site!

No comments:

Post a Comment